2019-2020 Kindergarten Dual Language Program Registration Information
Walla Walla Public Schools will be accepting applications for the Kindergarten Dual Language Program for the 2019-20 school year starting March 6, 2019. Please read below for more information regarding the application.
The goal of the program is to ensure that all students who participate achieve proficiency in both Spanish and English. Please consider the following as you decide if dual language is the right choice for your child:
- Your child is comfortable in a variety of educational settings; and
- Your child has already expressed an interest in different people, places and things; and
- As a family, you will support learning a second language through school attendance, participation in school events and practice of both languages in your home.
Once we receive your application, the Bilingual Education Department will contact you to set up a specific time for your Dual Language Program interview. Below is detailed information on the entire process.
February-March: Kinder Dual Informational Nights
1) Tuesday, February 26 – Edison Elementary School @ 6:00pm
2) Thursday, February 28 – Green Park Elementary School @ 6:00pm
3) Tuesday, March 5 – Blue Ridge Elementary School @ 6:00pm
March 6-15: Kindergarten Dual Language Program applications accepted
Location: Applications will only be accepted at the District Office. Please drop off, mail or email as directed above.
Mar. 18-29: Kindergarten Dual Language Program interviews
Location: District Office
April 5-8: Families notified by mail regarding Kindergarten Dual Language
Program placement (Parents must still complete the Kindergarten registration process) 2/14/19
April 10: Kindergarten Resource Fair
Date/Time: April 10, 2019 – 6:00pm to 7:00pm Location: Fairgrounds If transportation is needed, call 509-526-6781
April 15-26: Kindergarten Registration
If you have any questions about this process, please contact the Bilingual Education Department at 509-526- 6784.