October Letter 2021
Hello Edison parents!
I can't believe it's October already! Exciting things are happening here at school and I want to take this time to provide you with some updates and reminders.
1. Photography day is next Tuesday, October 5. We sent the information in the photo packet home last week with your child for you to review and return. We will be escorting students to the gym to take their individual photo that day. Children will be socially distanced appropriately and will be able to remove the mask for their photo. If you have any questions about Picture Day, please call our bilingual secretary, Mrs. Margret Aquino and she will be happy to help answer any questions. His number is 526-1801.
2. Next Friday, October 8, students will not be in school as it is a professional development day for teachers. They will be preparing for parent / teacher conferences to be held Monday, October 11 from 3-6: 45, Tuesday, October 12 from 3-6: 45, and all day Thursday, October 14 from 7: 35-3: 00. Please see our school website for more information on how to schedule a conference with your child's teacher. This year's conferences will be held through Zoom or, if preferred, a phone call to parents.
3. Our numerical priority is your child's safety, so help us reiterate the importance of wearing your masks correctly by covering your mouth and nose. I had a few more reminders to do last week and I would love your support in this important safety measure! Thanks!'
4. This Tuesday, October 5, from 6 to 7 p.m. M., I will host an open forum for parents to log into Google Meet to chat with me about any questions they may have. I have the link posted here. Of course, you can always call or email me, but I thought it would be fun to have a space to chat where we can meet. https://meet.google.com/hmh-hyoq-zpp?authuser=0
5. The iReady Diagnostics, IDEL, and DIBELS tests are complete and we are ready to begin our Title and LAP small reading and math groups with the students next week. Our team of specialists and paraeducators have worked hard to assess students, observe data, and create meaningful and intentional groupings for interventions. We have an incredible team of teachers, specialists, and paraeducators who care deeply about your child and want to help children make academic gains and feel socially and emotionally safe here at school.
Lastly, I just want to acknowledge the importance of your role as parents in helping ensure your child's success here at Edison. We cannot do this without you and we are greatly blessed to partner with you. Thank you for working with your children at home, reading to them / with them, asking them about their day and loving them unconditionally. Your kids make me smile, laugh, worry sometimes (can't help it ... I'm a mom too), and most of all, be so proud of them as they become fuller and more respectful Shocker students here. at Edison.
Jenny Foster, Principal