Arriving and Leaving School Safely Arrival Time
Breakfast students come in at 7:45, all other students remain outside until 8:05. Breakfast will not be served after 8:05.
The students will line up outside until teachers pick them up at 8:05
Dropping Off and Picking up Students
Students should be dropped off and picked up at the back (west) side of the building. Gates will be open at 7:45 and close at 8:15. Parents may enter the parking lot from Hobson or McCabe and circle around. Please do not park and leave your vehicle in the drop off zone, this causes a traffic jam. Bus drop off and pick up will be in the front (east) side of the school. Parents can come to the front door if they are getting their children during the school day for an appointment, but for general drop off and pick up, they must use the back door. No parking will be allowed at the curb in front of the school at any time.
Safest Route Home
- Where no walking area exists, walk on the left side of the roadway facing oncoming traffic to and from school.
- Before crossing any street, stop and look both ways for oncoming traffic.
- Where available, cross at marked crosswalks, and walk, do not run, while in the crosswalk area.
- When crossing at a traffic signal, be sure to press the pedestrian walk button if available, and wait for signal indication and traffic to stop before entering the street. Flashing "Don't Walk" means do not begin to walk: however, if you are already crossing the street, you may continue walking. After the "Walk" signal, there is adequate time to allow the average pedestrian to continue walking across the street before oncoming traffic receives a green light.
- Cross at safe corners, even if you must walk further.
- Watch for turning cars.
- Do not walk between parked cars.
- Refuse to ride with strangers.
- Go directly from home to school or from school to home by the recommended route.